What are ‘digital literacies’?
Why are they important? How can I develop them both personally and in other people? These are some of the questions that The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies by Doug Belshaw seeks to address.
“Besides a fresh and multi-perspective approach to what it means to be literate in a digital, interconnected world, I loved the openness of seeing a book being built chapter after chapter with conversations and feedback throughout the process promoted by Doug. This is the spirit that entices a whole new world of literacies! Thanks, Doug. You've got a big Brazilian fan.”
“By making the concepts behind digital literacies simple (yet not simpler!) to understand, Doug has created the best framework to date for learners and teachers alike to embed these concepts on their own learning strategies. This book has all the hallmarks of a seminal work and it is a great contribution to such a relevant topic!.”
“Doug Belshaw’s ‘The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies’ has been an absolute find! Accessible and clearly articulated, the book establishes and then builds on the premise that literacy in a digital era cannot conform to outdated paradigms; and must, by its very nature, be viewed in the plural – namely digital-literacies.”
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - What's the problem?
- Chapter 3 - Everything is ambiguous
- Chapter 4 - Why existing models of digital literacy don't work
- Chapter 5 - The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies
- Chapter 6 - Curiosity created the LOLcat
- Chapter 7 - Remix: the heart of digital literacies
- Chapter 8 - Coding and the web
- Chaper 9 - Conclusion
- Appendix 1: What to do next
- Appendix 2: License, credits, and how to cite this work
Discover digital literacies.
Whether investing in your own development or someone else's, now is the time to purchase The Essential Elements of Digital Literacies by Doug Belshaw.